Help us change lives
If you share the sentiment that more needs to be done to ensure that children and youth born into townships are given a fair chance to realise their inherent potential, then you are well-suited to volunteer at Afrika Tikkun.
Our dynamic Centres of Excellence, situated in the heart of the Townships in Gauteng and the Western Cape, will afford each Volunteer an opportunity to experience the dire conditions within these communities, while simultaneously participating in Afrika Tikkun’s programs which seek to address these conditions.
Time is as valuable as money and can sometimes be harder to give. Therefore, we are always on the look-out for passionate Volunteers who want to make a positive contribution to our children and the communities we serve.
There are plenty of ways for Volunteers to get involved. These include:
- Youth Support: Volunteer your time to assist with our life skills and youth development activities.
- Mandela Day: In honour of our Patron-in-Chief, join one of our annual Mandela Day events at a community close to you.
- Sporting Events: Adopt Afrika Tikkun as your charity of choice to run or cycle for during either the Discovery Walk the Talk or the Momentum 94.7 cycle race. You can also volunteer as a referee or facilitator at our annual Afrika Tikkun Sports Day – a fun and friendly event which involves over 800 children from our various Centres.
- Career Days /Guidance: Come to our Centres and offer career guidance and advise to our Grade 8 0 12 learners, helping to shape their future
- Christmas Parties: Host a Christmas parties for our children and youth this christmas and bring a smile to their faces
- Teaching Maths, English and Science After School on a Structured Basis at any of our community Centers
- Participating in our Spelling B and Reading Practise Sessions
- Creative Cooking: Volunteer at our Kitchens and help make balanced meals for our children
- Garden Work: Come help us make our gardens sustainable